new workout plan

I am currently training for the Dallas Marathon on December 14. It will be my second marathon. I ran Milwaukee on October 5 - 3:12:29 - not bad for the first time. Not quite good enough, I wanted to qualify for Boston. I am 100% certain that I will qualify in Dallas. It was a beginners error that caused me run slower than I wanted in October. I went out too fast - although I did keep that pace for 20 miles. This time I am going to start slower and then reassess the situation starting at mile 13.1. If I am feeling strong I will go a little fast, then reassess at mile 14 and etc. Really looking forward to it!

I just started week 1 of training hard. The two weeks after the October marathon I took it easy. Now it is back up to 60 miles-ish per week. I am trying desperately to balance a very stressful school semester/schedule with getting quality workouts in. My love of running makes me pretty good at this, however, I feel the need to set a little more strict training schedule. I need one that will allow me to achieve my mile goals but will also allow for some proper rest so I can do well in school. I think a mid-week day off will work well for that. Here is the tentative workout plan... effective immediately... I feel good about it already!

Monday - 8m
Tuesday - 10m
Wednesday - off
Thursday - 10m
Friday - 8m
Saturday - long run
Sunday - 2-5 (depending on the length of the "long run," this will be a "see how it feels" style workout)

This week I feel like doing 20m for my long run!